Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Resolve to make music


One of my goals for 2009 is to make more music. Although I enjoy music and have been playing instruments since elementary school, I haven't really played since college. Sadly my guitar, keyboard and clarinet haven't seen much action over the past few years.

So far, I've succeeded in playing 1 of my instruments at least once weekly. And just as I was thinking about ditching my clarinet, one of my hospital patients began taking clarinet lessons. So I played the clarinet again for the first time in about 8 years. I actually sound pretty good (although it's hard not to next to beginning level middle school students).

I've tried playing a few new instruments too - our ukulele purchased during our 2002 Hawaii trip, the Autoharp I found gathering dust on a shelf at work, and a harp at Sylvia Wood's Harp Center. Scott came with me for the free introductory harp lesson. It was lots of fun to play (Scott enjoyed it too - sorry no pics of him playing). But unfortunately renting/buying a harp is not in our budget right now. Hopefully I'll be able to learn the harp some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment